Whatever your age, regular physical activity should be part of your lifestyle, and the benefits will not only last you a lifetime but add up to a better quality of life involving:
- Greater confidence and self-awareness
- Improved health, fitness and overall well-being
- Greater social contact and interaction
- Less isolation and loneliness
- Increased ability to deal with stress
- Greater sense of relaxation and well-being
- Reduced symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Improved self-esteem and self-image
- Physically active play develops motor and social skills, intellectual capacities and concepts, and creativity. Sport and recreation can reduce self-destructive and delinquent behaviour in young people, and contribute to a more disciplined attitude.
As of next term all students have access to the gym facilities with their student card from 8am to late so put your runners on and let’s train!